Attorney Profiles: Paula Ortega
For much of her career, Ms. Ortega has primarily focused on family law issues assisting clients through the divorce process. In addition, she has assisted clients in obtaining post-judgment relief such as removal, custody, reduction in child support, contribution for college expenses, enforcement of alimony and termination of alimony. In addition to devoting a substantial amount of her career to family law issues, Ms. Ortega has experience in a variety of general practice matters including personal injury, residential and commercial real estate transactions, municipal and county government, landlord tenant, estate planning, administration and litigation.
Ms. Ortega also interned at the Federal Public Defender’s Office, Newark, New Jersey.
- BELL & SHIVAS, PC, Rockaway, New Jersey March 2012 to Present/AXA Advisors as Financial Professional
- Contract Attorney, Kelly Law Registry, Parsippany, New Jersey September to November 2011
- Associate, Michael E. Spinato, P.C., Glen Rock New Jersey March 2008 - November 2009
- Associate, Law Office of Eric A. Wood, Newton, New Jersey 2001-2008
- Law Clerk, Kelly, Gaus & Holub, Newton, New Jersey Spring 1994
- Law Clerk, Law Office of Lawrence S. Geller, Maplewood, New Jersey, November 1990-September 1991
- Law Clerk, Federal Public Defender’s Office, Newark, New Jersey Summer 1990
New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section.
Email Paula Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org
- King’s College, Criminal Justice B.A. (1989), magna cum laude
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Juris Doctor (1992), Member of the Moot Court Board
- New Jersey (1994)
- Pennsylvania (1994)
- Virginia (1993)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1994)
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2014)
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (1993)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2016)